Wednesday, December 7, 2011

And I'm Blogging...

I started journaling again today for the first time since we moved.  This time I am doing it on the laptop.  I mainly want it to be a record of our lives that I can share with our girls as they get older and have their own families.  My cousin Annie insisted that this Journal would be best served in the way of a Blog. So here I am. Hello Blogging World! I will start by sharing part of what I wrote today because it describes exactly how I feel about my home!


Every single night at about ten o’clock, I have to take Freddy (our new dog) out for his final walk.  It is perfectly still and silent in my subdivision at that time.  Right now it is about 30 degrees outside at night.  But it is the best moment of my day.  I stare out over the acre of untamed land we live on. I look up at the North Star, at the Big Dipper, and the perfect moon, and I am overwhelmed by the enormity of this gift I have been given.  This place heals me and quiets my soul.  I know, for the first time in my life, that I have been placed exactly where I am supposed to be. Thank you God.
-Kate

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post to start your blog wih(: can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie - I can't wait to read more. You have always been such a gifted writer!! I am so happy you are at peace in your new home. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, Welcome to the world of blogging. I loved this first piece and look forward to all the rest . I am truly happy you feel at peace and are content. You deserve it. I love you.

    ReplyDelete